Welcome to Year One!
- Our class teacher is Miss Cutts and we are supported by Miss. Meaden.
- Our Twitter feed is at the bottom of this page.
- Our P.E days are Tuesday and Wednesday. Please make sure your P.E kit is in school and all items are named.
- Home learning is set every Friday.
- Please try to read for ten minutes every day. Little and often is better that one large session. Your child will be given a reading record to record their reading.
- Decodable reading books will be changed every Friday. These books give children the opportunity to to practise the sounds they are learning in school.
- Children are more than welcome to change their 'reading for pleasure' book as often as they wish.
- We have a class Padlet where children are encouraged to share their book recommendations. We will be having class challenges to see how may books we can read. The link to this is below.
This year we will be covering the following topics:
Autumn 1 - What is the Geography of where I live?
Autumn 2 - What does it take to be a great explorer?
Spring 1 - Why do we love being beside the seaside so much?
Spring 2- How do we know so much about where Sappho used to live?
Summer 1- How does the weather affect our lives?
Summer 2 - Why is the history of my locality significant?